Saturday, May 10, 2014

NFL Presents Celebration That Can Not Be Ignored


Call me a prude, call me old fashioned, call me homophobic... call me anything that indicates that I am not accepting and acquiescing to this debauchery [of Michael Sam sharing cake and a kiss with his boy friend]. Any of those things is better.

Americans, this celebration was presented right in your faces. It can not be ignored. You can't pretend the degeneration of your society isn't happening. It's being flaunted and celebrated, in your faces, in and by the industry of your favorite pastime. Pretending this isn't happening; not protesting this, is accepting it.

Will there be any protest of this? Is there enough health and decency in the American public body to protest and throw this off?... to refuse to accept this as normal and acceptable for America? I sure hope so... or there is no hope.

P.S. Objection to the debauchery into which our American society is being led is being quickly nipped in the bud:

Safety Don Jones of the Miami Dolphins has been fined an undisclosed amount and excused from team activities after reacting to video of St. Louis Rams draftee Michael Sam via social media, the team announced Sunday night.

"I want to apologize to Michael Sam for the inappropriate comments that I made last night on social media," Jones said in a statement released by the team. "I take full responsibility for them, and I regret that these tweets took away from his draft moment.

"I remember last year when I was drafted in the seventh round and all of the emotions and happiness I felt when I received the call that gave me an opportunity to play for an NFL team and I wish him all the best in his NFL career.

"I sincerely apologize to Mr. Ross, my teammates, coaches, staff and fans for these tweets. I am committed to represent the values of the Miami Dolphins organization and appreciate the opportunity I have been given to do so going forward."

After witnessing Sam kiss his boyfriend on television, Jones tweeted "omg" and later "horrible" to a fan who asked if the safety was referring to the kiss.

Jones is expected to complete educational training for his comments.

No comments: