Saturday, August 30, 2014

Palestinian PM Remains in Ramallah Defying Court Order

A Palestinian lawmaker has defied “a military order” by the Israeli regime to leave the occupied West Bank city of Ramallah, Press TV reports.

Khalida Jarrar, who has been waging a campaign against crackdown on Palestinians, said on Friday that she would not conform to the order to move to a city in the eastern occupied Palestinian territories.

“It is my right, as elected parliamentarian, to stay with my people and to serve them from here. So I announce that I will not go to Jericho and I will not implement the military order. I’m staying here serving my people and working from here,” said the lawmaker.

“Transferring me from my house to another city is illegal and is against the international humanitarian law,” she said, calling for an end to the Israeli occupation.

The Palestinian Legislative Council member has received an order to leave Ramallah.

Meanwhile, an international campaign was gaining momentum in support of the lawmaker.

“There is now an international campaign. I hope this will succeed but I will not leave the Legislative Council.”

She also said there were 36 Palestinian lawmakers in the Israeli regime’s custody mostly under “something called the administrative detention.”

Administrative detention is a sort of imprisonment without trial or charge that allows Israel to incarcerate Palestinians for up to six months. The detention order can be renewed for indefinite periods of time.

Palestinian prisoners have been subject to human rights violations such as the use of torture during interrogations. Some 5,000 Palestinians are locked up in Israeli prisons. They are being kept in overcrowded poor conditions.

Story with supporting video report is here.

P.S. As long as people insist on being human, judaism will be resisted. Thank you for doing it, Khalida Jarrar. Anti-Christ, anti-good, anti-humane judaism must be outlawed, prohibited, eradicated if man, created in God's image, is to survive and WW3 is avoided.

No comments: